2. A final plat shall be recorded with the Register of Deeds of Johnson County or approved by the Governing Body prior to the issuance of a building permit for any new principal structures. However, platting and excise taxes are not required for:
(i) do not exceed 1,200 square feet, and
3. Property owners exempt from platting and excise taxes (subsection 2a and 2b, above) shall dedicate and record all required right-of-way by separate instrument as shown on the City’s Street Network Plan to the City.
C. Completeness Review
See § 18.40.040 Completeness Review.
E. Approval Criteria
1. all applicable requirements of this title; and
2. all applicable requirements of the Municipal Code, including the Building Code and Fire Code; and
3. any conditions of any currently applicable and unexpired rezoning, special use permit, site development plan, variance, or appeal that apply to the property. If any of these prior approvals have expired, the applicant must obtain a new approval before applying for a building permit application.
F. Subsequent Applications
There is no limit on reapplying for a building permit after it is denied.
G. Scope of Approval
A building permit authorizes construction or expansion of a building or structure as shown in the approved permit. A building permit does not authorize the occupancy of a building or structure (see Section 18.40.210, below).