A dense row of shrubs or low trees that form a barrier or boundary.
1. Barbed wire, razor wire and electric fencing (above ground) are prohibited in residential (except AG) and commercial districts.
1. Six (6) feet in residential districts or the “N” district. Fences, walls or hedges in front or corner side yards (beyond the front of the house or structure), shall not exceed four (4) feet in height, shall be at least fifty (50) percent open, and shall not include chain-link or any other metal or wire type fencing.
2. Eight (8) feet in commercial and industrial districts.
D. Residential / Mixed-Use Districts
In residential districts or the “N” district:
1. Fences or walls shall be limited, or similar, to one of the following types of construction: brick or stone walls or pillars, chain-link, wood stockade, split rail, wood rail, wrought iron, spaced picket fence, imitation vinyl or similar decorative material.
E. Commercial / Industrial Districts
In commercial and industrial districts:
2. Retaining walls are permitted where the wall is reasonably necessary due to topography, where the wall is located at least two (2) feet from any street right-of-way, and where the wall does not extend more than six (6) inches above the ground level of the land being retained. Any retaining wall above three (3) feet shall have fencing. Retaining wall construction is subject to approval by the City Engineer and Chief Building Inspector.