This section applies to outdoor display, defined as the displaying of goods, merchandise or products outdoors so that the items are readily available for sale at retail on the same lot and in conjunction with a permitted or special use that is otherwise operated entirely within a permanent fully enclosed building.
1. No merchandise or equipment may be displayed outside a building unless located within an outdoor display confinement area not to exceed twenty (20) percent of the ground floor area of the building or tenant space.
2. Daily sidewalk sales and temporary displays, not to exceed one hundred fifty (150) square feet in area or twenty (20) percent of the ground floor area of the building or tenant space, whichever is less, are permitted on sidewalk areas immediately adjacent to the business during business hours. All merchandise and display shall be temporary in nature and shall be moved inside the business after business hours.
3. Outdoor display of landscape plantings, materials and supplies, and lawn and garden supplies (as accessory sales for businesses with other commercial activities) are subject to the following:
a. Seasonal landscape plantings may be displayed outside of an outdoor display confinement area on a seasonal basis upon approval of a temporary sales and events permit.
b. Landscape materials and lawn and garden supplies are required to be located within an outdoor display confinement area. However, the materials and supplies may be displayed outside of an outdoor display confinement area on a seasonal basis upon approval of a temporary sales and events permit.
(1) Shall be kept off the public sidewalks and streets,
(2) Shall not be placed within a required parking/paving setback area,
(3) Shall not reduce the capacity of a parking lot below that required by Chapter 18.30.160 (Parking and Loading), and
(4) Shall not hinder the movement of pedestrians on any sidewalk around the building.
4. Permanent Display Areas
Outdoor display and storage of landscape plantings, materials and supplies, and lawn and garden supplies associated with retail nurseries and/or lawn and garden supply stores (stand-alone developments not associated with other commercial activities) and not located within an outdoor display confinement area may be permitted on a permanent basis with a special use permit.