1. In the case of violations not involving continuing construction or development or any emergency situation, the City shall give written notice of the nature of the violation to the owner, occupant or agent of the property at the last known address.
2. The contents of the notice shall describe the nature of the violation that would reasonably allow the property owner or other responsible person, representative or tenant to determine the nature of the violation to allow for self-abatement.
3. The person to whom notice is directed shall correct the violation before further enforcement action.
4. The notice shall be personally served or sent by certified mail, return receipt requested. Failure to sign for the certified mail or failure to pick up the notice from the post office is not deemed a lack of notice under this ordinance where delivery was attempted and a record of this attempt was provided as required by procedures for restricted mail.
B. Immediate enforcement
1. If an authorized building official, public officer or the Planning Official makes a reasonable determination that an emergency situation exists in violation of this ordinance, the City may immediately use the enforcement powers and remedies available to it pursuant to Section 18.70.030, including, but not limited to, filing a complaint seeking criminal penalties in Municipal Court.