1. The Planning Official or designee, Planning Commission or Governing Body may require applicants for rezonings, special use permits, preliminary site development plans, land use allocation maps or preliminary plats to submit technical studies that are necessary to enable the Planning Commission or Governing Body to comply with the standards for approving an application.
2. These studies are listed in Section 18.94.040.
B. General Requirements
1. The persons or firms preparing the studies are subject to the approval of the Planning Official or designee.
2. The applicant shall bear the costs of all studies. Any decision of the Planning Official or designee to require any such study or to disapprove the person or firm selected by the applicant to perform the study may be appealed to the Planning Commission.
1. The decision of the Planning Commission on any such appeal can be appealed to the Governing Body. If the applicant appeals the Planning Official’s requirement for a study to the Planning Commission, the rezoning, special use permit, preliminary plat or preliminary site development plan shall also be scheduled for Planning Commission consideration.
2. Upon the submission of any technical or related studies and/or upon any further determination by City staff, certain easements and related improvements such as streets, drainage, water courses, creek erosion control, utilities, tree preservation, open areas, or recreational amenities may be required as a condition for approval of the rezoning, site development plan, preliminary plat or final plat.
3. Performance and maintenance bonds or other approved surety for said improvements shall be approved by City staff prior to the issuance of a building permit, and said improvements shall be completed prior to the issuance of a certificate of occupancy.
4. Notwithstanding the fact that the Planning Official or designee did not require submission of any such technical study in support of the application, either the Planning Commission or the Governing Body may require the submission of such study prior to taking action on the application. In such case, the persons or firms selected to perform the studies shall be subject to the approval of the entity requesting that the study be performed. Any decision of the Planning Commission or the Governing Body to require that a study be performed or to disapprove the person or firm selected by the applicant to perform the study is final.