A. Authority for Continuation
Authority: The Planning Commission is created in accordance with the authority of KSA 12-744 as amended.
B. Membership, Terms and Vacancies
1. The Planning Commission shall have at least seven (7) and up to nine (9) members.
2. The members of the Planning Commission shall be appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the Governing Body, and shall serve until their successors are appointed and qualified in the manner provided in this section.
3. Members shall be appointed for terms of three (3) years and shall serve without compensation for their service.
4. Vacancies on the Planning Commission shall be filled by appointment of the Mayor with the consent of the Governing Body for the remainder of the unexpired term of the Planning Commissioner whose position has been vacated.
The Planning Commission shall elect one (1) of its members as chairperson and one (1) as vice-chairperson, who shall serve one (1) year and until their successors have been selected. The Planning Official shall serve as the secretary of the Planning Commission.
1. The members of the Planning Commission shall meet at least once a month at a time and place set by resolution.
2. Special meetings may be called at any time by the chairperson, or in his or her absence, by the vice-chairperson.
3. A majority of the Commission is a quorum for the transaction of business.
4. The Commission shall cause a proper record to be kept of its meeting. The secretary shall keep minutes of the Planning Commission’s proceedings and official actions, and keep records of its examinations and findings, and shall file the records in the Planning Division.
E. Powers and Duties