Purpose: this section establishes a streamlined process to approve minor plats.
This section applies to Minor Plats, which include any of the following:
2. Final plats not requiring dedication of public right-of-way or easements. A plat that includes public street right-of-way or public easements to be dedicated to the City is processed under Sections 18.40.150 and 18.40.160. A minor plat may include the dedication of private utility easements.
C. Completeness Review
See § 18.40.040 Completeness Review.
1. Applications for minor plat shall be scheduled for consideration by the Planning Commission approximately thirty (30) days from the application deadline date according to the approved Minor Plat Application Review Schedule.
3. The Planning Commission may approve, approve with conditions, or deny the minor plat. The Planning Commission shall render its decision within 60 days after its first meeting after the plat is submitted to the Planning Official. If the Planning Commission fails to timely render its decision, the plat is deemed approved.
E. Approval Criteria
1. The proposed minor plat conforms to the requirements of Chapter 18.30, the applicable zoning district regulations and any other applicable provisions of the Municipal Code, subject only to acceptable rule exceptions.
4. The spacing and design of proposed curb cuts, driveway approaches and intersection locations is consistent with the Access Management Plan, good traffic engineering design and public safety considerations.
6. All submission requirements are satisfied.
F. Subsequent Applications
G. Scope of Approval
1. Minor plats shall be recorded with the Register of Deeds office within two (2) years following Governing Body approval of land dedicated to public purposes. Minor plats which are not timely recorded are null and void.