1. Motions to grant a continuance may state the date on which the matter is to be heard, unless otherwise requested by the Planning Official.
B. Requested by Applicant
2. The Planning Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals may grant additional continuances.
3. An applicant must file a written request for a continuance with the secretary of the Planning Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals at least two (2) business days prior to the date of the scheduled hearing.
4. The applicant shall make every attempt to notify all persons previously notified of the original public hearing date of the continuance either by mail or telephone.
5. If a neighborhood meeting is not required, the applicant shall send written notice ten (10) days prior to the date of the rescheduled public hearing to surrounding property owners in the same manner as required for notice of the original hearing.
6. In the case of rezonings and special use permits, the applicant shall repost public notification signs with the new public hearing date ten (10) days prior to the date of the rescheduled public hearing.
7. If the applicant made major modifications to the application after the neighborhood meeting was held, the Planning Official may require a subsequent neighborhood meeting. The subsequent neighborhood meeting shall follow the criteria set forth in Section 18.40.030.
C. Requested by Approving Authority
2. The Approving Authority may direct the secretary or the applicant to renotify property owners within two hundred (200) feet of the subject property, if that notice was required in the first instance.